If you're a homeowner in Mobile, then you've probably had to deal with ants at some point. These pesky insects can enter your home through any crack or opening, and they can be very difficult to get rid of. EnSec Pest & Lawn will discuss the different types of ants that are common in Mobile, why they enter your home in the first place, how to get rid of them, and how pest control in Mobile can keep them from coming back. We hope that this information will help you keep your home ant-free.
The Types Of Ants You Could Encounter In Mobile
A few different types of ants are commonly found in Mobile.
Some of them include:
- The pavement ant: Pavement ants are not typically harmful to humans, but they can be a nuisance.
- The carpenter ant: These ants build their nests by excavating wood. They can cause significant damage to your home if left unchecked.
- The fire ant: Fire ants are red and they have a painful sting. They are not quite as common in Mobile as the other two types of ants, but they can be found in some areas. If you see a fire ant, be sure to call a specialist in ant pest control right away.
If you see an ant in your home, it's important to identify what type it is so that you can determine the best course of action for getting rid of it. A professional pest control company like EnSec Pest & Lawn can help you with this.
Why Ants Tend To Enter Homes
Wondering why the ants won't just stay outside?
Here are the reasons they want to come in:
- They're looking for food: Ants are attracted to sugary and greasy foods. If you have any food that is accessible to ants, they will likely find it and try to get to it.
- They're looking for water: Ants need water to survive, so they may enter your home in search of a water source.
- They're looking for shelter: If the weather outside is cold or wet, ants may try to find shelter in your home.
- They're following a trail: If there are other ants already in your home, they may be following a trail that those ants have established.
Ants can become a real nuisance when they enter your home in large numbers. If you see more than a few, be sure to call an expert in home pest control for ants.
Getting Rid Of Ants In Your Yard And Home
The best method of ant control in your house is to make sure that there are no food or water sources that are accessible to them. Keep food in sealed containers and don't leave any crumbs or spills around. Fix any leaks in your plumbing so that ants don't have a water source. Finally, keep an eye out for access points and try to block them off so that ants can't get into your home.
For natural outdoor ant control in your yard, you can try using diatomaceous earth. This is a powder that you can sprinkle around the perimeter of your home. The powder will kill any ants that come into contact with it. It is safe to use around children and pets. However, its effects are limited, and it's no replacement for professional pest control. If you already have ants in your home, the best way to get rid of them and keep them away, is by hiring professional ant control in Mobile.
Total Ant Control For Mobile Residents With EnSec Pest & Lawn
If ants are causing a huge problem in your Mobile home, EnSec Pest & Lawn can help. We have more than 100 years of combined experience providing ant control for homeowners, and we utilize Integrated Pest Management methods for safe, long-term solutions. We can help you get rid of ants quickly and effectively, and stop them from coming back. Contact us today to schedule a free estimate or inspection.