Ants are some of the most annoying pests that are known to invade Pensacola homes. These tiny insects like to travel in large groups and can quickly take over your home. At EnSec, we provide comprehensive pest control in Pensacola and know how to identify and eliminate all of the common ants that are found in this area.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Pensacola Properties
Several ants are commonly found in Pensacola. Some of the ants that you are most likely to see in and around your home include:
- Pharaoh ants: This type of ant is one of the smallest species in this area. Fully grown, a pharaoh ant only measures around 1/16 of an inch long. They usually have light-colored bodies that are either yellow or orange. They like warm and humid climates and live in large colonies that can consist of several thousand ants.
- Fire ants: Fire ants aren't usually found inside homes, but they can build large mounds all around your yard. These ants have red bodies and are known to bite and sting people, which could cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Twig ants: The twig ant is the largest species of ant on this list, with large bodies and long legs. This type of ant looks like a wasp without wings. They are known to be aggressive and can sting people and animals, which can be extremely painful.
- Carpenter ants: This type of ant can cause a lot of damage to your home. Like termites, carpenter ants like to consume wood and can cause structural damage to your home and other wooden structures.
- Ghost ants: This type of ant has a light yellow abdomen and legs, which gives it a ghostly appearance. They thrive in warm and humid climates and like to live in underground colonies.
Once these ants enter your home, it can be hard to get rid of them. Because they tend to travel in large groups, if you see one or two ants around your property, it won't be long before you see many more around your home.
All The Problems Ants Can Cause In The House
Many of the ants that are commonly found in Pensacola can bite and sting people. They also spend their days walking around garbage and other filthy surfaces, which is where they pick up a wide range of bacteria. If they walk over your food or food preparation surfaces, they can pass the bacteria and diseases to you. Some of the illnesses that you can catch from ants include:
- E. coli infection
- Streptococcus infection
- Staph infection
Ants can easily spread these illnesses to people. If you see a trail of ants in your kitchen, you should clean all of the surrounding surfaces thoroughly.
All The Factors That Attract Ants To Homes
Ants will come into your home if they sense that there is an accessible food and water supply. To deter the ants from coming into your home, you should:
- Keep all food in airtight containers.
- Keep a lid on your outdoor trash cans.
- Sweep and mop your floors often to ensure that there are no food crumbs laying around.
- Clean up any water droplets from your sinks and surrounding countertops often.
If the ants are unable to maintain a reliable food and water source from your home, they will be less inclined to stay.
Call The Professionals For Total Ant Control
If you see ants in or around your Pensacola home, you should call us as soon as possible. At EnSec, we will inspect and treat the inside and outside of your home to ensure that we are able to eliminate every ant from your home for good.