Bed bugs are known for causing some of the most difficult to eradicate infestations in the pest world. These pests are notorious for being easy to pick up, yet nearly impossible to get rid of, especially on your own. Read on to learn more about how you can pick up bed bugs, signs of a bed bug infestation, and how EnSec Pest & Lawn provides professional pest control in Pensacola that can help you get back to a full night’s rest today!
Simple Signs That I Have A Bed Bug Infestation?
You may never actually spot a bed bug, but the signs of bed bugs are unmistakable and can help clue you in that you have a problem. Seeing any of these signs can be a good indication that you have a bed bug infestation growing in your home. Some of the most common signs these pests have invaded your home are:
- Blood stains: Bed bugs feed on humans as they sleep, so you may find small dots of blood on your sheets. Blood stains can also result if bed bugs are crushed during the night.
- Bed bug excrement: These dark, reddish-brown spots can be found anywhere bed bugs go, so look for them in your bedding, on your mattress, or even on your walls.
- Eggs and shed skins: Bed bug eggs are tiny and a pearly white color, but they are very hard to see. You're most likely to spot them against a dark-colored surface. As bed bugs mature, they molt several times and will leave their shed skin behind. Seeing shed skin is a telltale sign of an infestation.
- Musty odor: Bed bugs give off a musty, unpleasant odor when they're present in significant numbers. If you notice a musty smell that you haven't smelled before in an area of your home, it might be a sign you have bed bugs.
It can be tempting to immediately purchase over-the-counter products when you spot signs of bed bugs. However, the best investment you can make is to have the pest control professionals from EnSec Pest & Lawn eliminate your infestation with the most advanced professional tools and treatments available. Don’t let these pests take away your sleep; give us a call today!
How Do Bed Bug Infestations Begin Inside Homes?
The tough thing about a bed bug infestation is that they are incredibly easy to pick up. Below are the most common ways that these pests infiltrate homes:
- After travel: Bed bugs are often picked up in hotels or on transportation like airplanes, trains, or buses. The bugs will hitchhike onto your clothing or luggage and be transported into your home with you.
- From an infested home: If you're in multi-unit housing and have a close neighbor with an infestation, bed bugs can easily travel in between units.
- On secondhand furniture: Used couches, chairs, and other furniture can harbor bed bugs, which you then bring into your home.
Everyone is at risk of a bed bug infestation, but you don’t have to try to treat the problem alone. With the help of EnSec Pest & Lawn, you can get back to sleeping peacefully through the night in a bed bug-free home in no time.
Will Bed Bugs Infest My Pets Like Fleas Do?
The good news is that bed bugs won’t live on your pets like other parasites do. Unlike fleas and ticks, they won’t burrow into your pets and hitch a ride on them that way. However, they are just as likely to invade their bedding as they are yours, and they can and will bite them while they are sleeping in their beds to feed off them. Neither you or your pets deserve to lose sleep because of these pests. Give us a call for help removing them today.
What Should I Do To Annihilate The Bed Bug Infestation In My Home?
For superior bed bug control, give the professional service team members at EnSec Pest & Lawn a call for help. We have been eradicating bed bug infestations in Pensacola homes since 1997, and we deliver proven results. Additionally, we take the time to do the job right the first time, ensuring you get back to a bed bug-free home in no time. If you are struggling and losing sleep, don’t wait; give us a call today!