Are You Sure It's Bed Bugs Inside Your Pensacola Home?
It's the middle of the night and you're tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable. You feel something crawling on your arm and when you swat at it, you realize it's a bed bug. Yuck! Bed bugs are making a resurgence in Pensacola, and if you're not careful, they could invade your home too. EnSec of Florida will discuss a brief history of these pests, signs of an infestation in your home, how to prevent them, and how professional pest control in Pensacola can help. Stay safe and keep those bed bugs away.
Why Bed Bugs Are Probably Here To Stay
Bed bugs are insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. They're small, reddish-brown, and oval-shaped. Bed bugs are not known to transmit any diseases, but their bites can be itchy and uncomfortable.
The first bed bug species was documented in ancient Egypt, but they were relatively rare until the early 20th century. Bed bugs began to decline in the 1940s and '50s due to the widespread use of DDT, a powerful insecticide that became outlawed in the '70s. But by the 1990s, bed bugs had made a comeback in the United States. This is likely due to increased international travel (bed bugs love to hitchhike in luggage) and pesticide resistance.
Bed bugs can be found anywhere people congregate, from movie theaters to office buildings to college dorms. And once they're in your home, they can only be eliminated by calling local pest control for bed bugs.
Four Bed Bug Warning Signs Everyone Ought To Know
The best way to prevent an infestation is to be on the lookout for bed bugs. Here are some signs that you may have bed bugs:
- You see small, reddish-brown bugs in your bed or other furniture. These could be bed bugs or their eggs.
- You have bites that appear in a line or cluster. Bed bug bites are often itchy and clustered together.
- You find dark spots on your sheets. These are bed bug droppings and an indication that they're already in your home.
- You have a musty smell in your home. This could be the smell of bed bugs.
If you see any of these signs, it's time to call a professional bed bug pest control company like EnSec of Florida. Our team will inspect your home and determine the best course of treatment to get rid of those pesky bugs.
How Effective Are DIY Bed Bug Prevention Tips?
DIY bed bug prevention tips can help to prevent these bugs from showing up in the first place. Here are some bed bug control techniques for your home:
- Inspect your hotel room before you settle in, to prevent bringing any unwanted hitchhikers back home.
- When you travel, put your clothes in a sealed bag until you can wash them.
- Vacuum regularly and dispose of the bag or empty the canister into a sealed bag in an outdoor trash can immediately.
- Inspect used furniture before bringing it into your home.
While these tips can help, the only surefire way to prevent them is with a professional bed bug control service in Pensacola like EnSec of Florida. Our team will inspect your home and determine the best form of pest control to kill the bed bugs and keep them away.
Benefits Of Professional Bed Bug Control
Nobody wants to deal with bed bugs, but unfortunately, they're here to stay. The best way to prevent an infestation is to be on the lookout for signs of bed bugs and call EnSec of Florida at the first sign of trouble. We've been providing reliable home pest control in Pensacola for more than 20 years. Our team will inspect your home and determine the best course of treatment to get rid of these pests. We also offer preventive services to keep them from coming back. Stay safe and bug-free; contact us today.