Can The Pests In My Pensacola Home Cause Health Problems For My Family?
When you think of a pest infestation, do you think of a trail of ants that are easily treated with store-bought spray? Or maybe you believe infestations only happen to homes that are not well-maintained, in other words, “dirty homes.” You aren’t alone in this thinking; many underestimate pest infestations and the health risks that come with them.
The truth about pests is that they can happen to anyone, even if your home is cleaned every day. If pests want in, they will find a way. Because of this, all Pensacola residents should understand the risks that come with a pest infestation, what to do if you have active pests on your property, and how to keep them from coming back again.
Problems Caused By Pests
While many pests are known to pose health risks to people, there are several that Pensacola homeowners should be aware of. These pests are cause for more concern for the diseases they carry and spread as follows:
- Rodents: Hantavirus, tularemia, salmonellosis, adult respiratory distress syndrome, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, and rat-bite fever.
- Cockroaches: Typhoid fever, salmonellosis, cholera, gastroenteritis, dysentery listeriosis, E. coli, and giardia.
- Certain Ant Species: (Pharaoh Ants) salmonellosis, clostridium, streptococcus, and staphylococcus.
- Mosquitoes: West Nile virus, Devine, yellow fever, encephalitis, tularemia, and chikungunya.
These are only the list of diseases that these pests can spread. Other health concerns come with pests, such as fire ants causing painful stings when they swarm a perceived threat. This is also not to mention the dangerous property damage pests like rodents can cause, leaving people vulnerable to injury, fire and flood hazards, and mold exposure.
Professional Pest Control
Time is against you when it comes to pest infestations. The longer pests go unbothered on your Pensacola property, the more they will reproduce and spread. This is why you need to act quickly, getting rid of infestations completely the first time. The best way to do this is with EnSec of Florida on your side.
Our home pest control process includes a free inspection, which will provide all of the valuable information you need, including an estimate, before moving on to treatment. We will identify the pest-causing problems, how they get in, and where they hide during the inspection.
Treatment plans are designed based on customers’ specific problems and needs. Your plan will include both interior and exterior services to protect your home best. After your initial treatment, we will schedule follow-up visits based on the pest we are treating. Our annual service includes quarterly visits so you can have peace-of-mind year-round.
No one should have to live in a home with pests that are threatening the health and safety of their family. For more information about the services we offer, contact us at EnSec Of Florida. We will get you scheduled for an inspection and promptly start the treatments you need to feel safe in your home again.
Pest Prevention From Professionals
There are several prevention tips you should implement around your home consistently. While these tips may not keep pests out completely, they will reduce the likelihood of an infestation:
- Store food in air-tight containers.
- Address moisture issues such as leaks, clogged gutters, and standing water.
- Make sure your home has proper ventilation and use dehumidifiers if necessary.
- Regularly sweep, vacuum, and wipe down floors and surfaces.
- Inspect and seal the foundation and exterior walls of your home.
- Install screens on windows and doors.
The best way to keep pests out of your Pensacola home is with ongoing pest control, so don’t forget to call us at EnSec Of Florida to get started with year-round pest prevention.