At any given point, insects or creatures can enter your Pensacola home. Most people try to assess what they’re seeing, so they can eliminate them successfully. Sometimes, you can quickly identify a pest. In other cases, you might be puzzled. Lots of critters are similar in appearance. While infestation evidence may clear things up, there’s a chance the signals aren’t that different from another creepy crawler. Bed bugs are notorious for leaving folks flummoxed.
Bed bugs are very tiny pests that seek the blood of humans and animals for survival. Their bites are red and super itchy, but the same is true about many insects. In addition to being hard to distinguish, they promptly procreate and have numerous hiding crevices. Learn how to identify bed bugs and how to keep them away. EnSec can help you manage them.
How Do You Get Bed Bugs? What Are Infestation Signs?
Physically, bed bugs are like apple seeds. They’re rounded, reddish-brown, and about 0.25 of an inch long. However, their bottom half is larger than the top. In the middle is a body part that has a strange pattern. Also, they have two antennas and six legs. Their 0.03 of an inch long eggs are pearly white; their young are translucent.
Once more, bed bugs want blood. They aren’t compelled by dirt, as many people say. Given this, any domicile can be inundated with these critters. Animal areas and public places are like nesting hubs for them. Fields, airports, bus stations, offices, schools, and hotels are examples. In a second, they’ll be in your bags and clothes. You’ll inadvertently bring them home, and they’ll land in:
- Wood Trim
Bed bugs will usually munch on you while you’re sitting or sleeping. The bumps they leave will be knotted together in patches, like a rash. Two further infestation clues are odors and stains. Musty smells are common with these pests. You can anticipate encountering blood drops, reddish-brown splotches, and brown or black fecal blots on fabrics and surfaces. Their waste is occasionally powdery and grainy.
What Can Be Done To Prevent Bed Bugs?
When out and about:
- Try not to sit your individual belongings on the floor or ground, such as a pocketbook, computer bag, or duffle. Moreover, distance your items from that of others.
- When you’re in a hotel or motel, search your unit for bed bugs. Should you identify any, alert staff right away. Ask for a new room that isn’t close by.
- Purchase protective covers or get plastic bags to place your luggage in.
- Clean your travel clothes with hot water. Then, dry them with high heat for a minimum of 20 minutes.
When at home:
- Look over headboards and footboards, mattress seams, and box springs with a flashlight. Take a peek under beds as well. Make sure you do this on a regular basis.
- Scan furniture, drawer interiors, laundry piles, bags, and purses often.
- Inspect second-hand items, like appliances and bedding, for infestation indicators.
How Will EnSec Handle Bed Bugs?
Residents often invest in retail pesticides or “do it yourself” tools in an attempt to eradicate bed bugs. These avenues are far from the best way to go. First, they can be expensive. Second, they won’t solve an infestation because every adult insect, nymph, and egg must be remedied. It’s too difficult to do this independently. Third, they may be hazardous.
We at EnSec have industrial-grade bed bug control heating treatments that will wipe out bed bugs and eggs. You won’t have to worry about chemicals or repeat sessions. It’s eco-friendly and safe. Give us a call for a free estimate today!