Just as many people call Pensacola home, there are quite a few species of ants that call Florida home as well. Some of these ant species like to call your home their home too. Can you blame them, though? Your home has food, water, and shelter from the extreme temps that come with the Florida climate. However, living conditions shared between a homeowner and ant species are not conducive to comfort.
If you live in the Pensacola area and ants have become unwelcome guests in your house, find out how Pensacola pest control can help you repel ants away from your home.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Homes
Believe it or not, there are more than 10,000 species of ants all across the globe, and a small percentage are commonly found in homes and properties in this area. Here are some of the most troublesome ant species that may invade your Pensacola home.
- Ghost Ants: These ants excrete an odorous (rotten) coconut smell. It’s common to find ghost ants in your kitchen gravitating towards sweets, but they’re also known to enjoy grease as well.
- Pavement Ants: With pavement ants in your house, you can expect them to contaminate your food and build nests in your walls and under your floors and insulation.
- Carpenter Ants: Carpenter ants are wood-destroying ants that thrive in moist areas. You can usually tell if you have carpenter ants in your house by tiny piles of sawdust or rustling in the walls of your home.
- Fire Ants: Fire ants are notorious for biting and stinging. They enter your home through cracks, windows, and walls.
- Pharaoh Ants: Having pharaoh ants in your home can be quite challenging, with their colonies growing into the millions, with thousands of queens. They’re especially dangerous in hospital settings as they can spread disease fast.
You may not be able to recognize the types of ants that have invaded your house, and that’s okay; you can leave ant identification up to us. If you notice the presence of ants in your home, EnSec of Florida is your trusted Pensacola pest control.
The Problems Ants Can Cause In Your Home
While certain species of ants are completely harmless, they can still bring an array of problems into your house. Depending on the type of ants in your home, they can cause structural damage, eating away at the wood your home is built on.
Ants can also cause health problems. Many species tend to thrive in moist environments, including bathrooms, so when they enter your house, they can spread various bacteria and diseases just from crawling across surfaces.
And let’s not forget that ants are also food sources for other pests, so their presence in your home can cause other pests to enter as well simply to eat the ants infesting your house.
Easy Ant Prevention Tips
Ant prevention doesn’t have to be an arduous task. In fact, simple habits like keeping your sink and counters clean, keeping garbage can lids closed, and leaving no dirty dishes in the sink are all simple and effective ways to answer the question of ‘how to keep ants away?’
Safe And Effective Ant Control For Pensacola Homes
True enough, you can do all these preventive measures to keep ants out of your Pensacola home, but those measures can only go so far. To keep ants out and make them stay out, you’re going to need professional ant control in Pensacola. For all your ant control solutions, contact EnSec of Florida for a free quote today.